Monday, April 18, 2011

Jesus is the original Time LORD!

Alright, for some of you, this will just go right over your heads.  Or perhaps it will get lost somewhere between time and space........

I have always loved science fiction.  At a very early age I fell in love with Star Trek, no not TNG, DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise.  The ORIGINAL with James Tiberius Kirk, Mr Spock and the rest.  I don't remember seeing it in first run, after all I was born in 1966 and the show aired from 1966-1969.  I did however see it shortly there after in what used to be called 're-runs'.  I will say I do like all the sequels, with the exception of DS9.  Enterprise left a little to be desired, and I couldn't ever get past Scott Bakula, I kept seeing him as Dr Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap.  Ah, yes Quantum Leap, although not a big fan, I like the idea of time travel.  Another work that had a huge impact on me was HG WELLS, The Time Machine, the one with Rod Taylor, not the one from 2002 with Guy Pierce.  Even the one with Malcolm McDowell as Herbert Wells and David Warner as Jack the Ripper, tilted Time After Time, was pretty good.


I could go on and on about the science fiction movies and novels I love. One show I got a small glimpse of when I was younger was Doctor Who.  It aired on PBS in Detroit.  I never really got into much, but was vaguely aware of it.  I did watch one of the movies with Tom Bakker as the Doctor, where he is battling against the Daleks.  For those of you who don't have a clue what I'm talking about here is a synopsis of the series from IMDB:
                             The continuing adventures of The Doctor, an alien time traveler - a Time Lord - from Gallifrey. Together with his companions they travel through time and space in the TARDIS, battling evil where they find it. Written by IMDb Editors  

Our family started watching the ninth Doctor played by.....what was his name, he was on for such a short time.......,  the tenth and my favorite played by David Tennet, and more recently the eleventh, played by Matt Smith.  This has opened a door into checking out some of the older ones.  I particularly like the one who wears the sprig of celery.....what number was he again??  So you could say I am now a fan of the 'new' Doctor Who series.  This is not an attempt to belittle or make fun of anyone.  Remember I am a fan, too!

ANYWAY, moving on.........

I have more than once thought about how science fiction related to science fact and how they both related to Jesus.  Stay with me.........rants and ramblings.........

We know that God is not bound by time, space and dimensions.  He sits outside of them both.  He sees the whole of the space-time continuum, from beginning to end(or end to beginning) laid out in front of Him.   It blows my mind to try to understand that, but I guess that's why He say: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD - Isaiah 55:8


Take your time to read slowly, what the writer of Hebrews has to say on the subject.   Perhaps even read a few times, let it sink in.  If you're at all like me, it will blow your mind!

[But] in the last of these days He has spoken to us in [the person of a] Son, Whom He appointed Heir and lawful Owner of all things, also by and through Whom He created the worlds and the reaches of space and the ages of time [He made, produced, built, operated, and arranged them in order].    3He is the sole expression of the glory of God [the Light-being, the out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God's] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power.   When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high,
    4[Taking a place and rank by which] He Himself became as much superior to angels as the glorious Name (title) which He has inherited is different from and more excellent than theirs. - Hebrews 1:2-4 Amplified Bible

Alright, are you still with me? 

Here's my take on what the writer of Hebrews is telling us:

1.)  EVERYTHING. including the other planets, stars, galaxies, solar systems, time, space and dimesnions, we created by God through His Son, Jesus Christ.
2.)  Jesus is God and it is His by his shear will power that the universe and all its complex workings are held together........
3.)   His work of redemption has been completed and He sits in the place of honor, at the Father's right hand.
4.)  The writer also declares Jesus to be far above the angles, He is also far above any CREATED MAN who claims to be lord over time, Jesus Christ is truly the original time LORD!

He doesn't drive a spaceship or pilot a TARDIS(Time and relative dimension in space), although He does control all.  Seriously, Jesus is not an alien, He is LORD over all.  He stepped out of eternity and into our realm of time and space, which He created. He did this in order to bring us back to a relationship with Him.


Remember:  Truth is truth, God reveals Himself to us through many ways, even secular books, movies and television.  That does not mean that all roads lead to heaven or that you can find Him while seeking your own satisfaction. If you are truly seeking Him, the one and only true God, the God of the Bible, you WILL find Him.

Do you know this LORD of all?  And does He know you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment